RMIAN has partnered with the Immigration Justice Campaign, a joint initiative between the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the American Immigration Council, to help increase pro bono representation for detained immigrants in Colorado.
Nationally, only 14% of detained immigrants have representation, yet with a lawyer, immigrants are ten times more likely to prevail in their case.
The Justice Campaign has cutting-edge materials, training, and technical support for volunteers. Sign up for the Justice Campaign to gain access to these resources, and read more about our partnership here.
WHO SHOULD VOLUNTEER?
We need your help. Sign up today:
- If you are a lawyer who would like to be trained and mentored to volunteer to represent detained immigrants;
- If you are a removal defense expert and would like to mentor new volunteers; or
- If you can provide other critical support to pro bono legal teams (like interpretation).
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
Here’s what the Justice Campaign offers to volunteer lawyers:
- A broad array of opportunities to get involved, tailored to your skills, interests and availability
- Curated training and orientation for lawyers new to immigration law
- Innovative mentorship and technical assistance from removal defense legal experts
- Opportunities to make your voice go further through advocacy and outreach
- Connections to a community of passionate and dedicated lawyers